Monday, April 13, 2009

First day at school poem

I wake and put on my best outfit.
I was in a rush and only ate a little bit.
So i grab my bag and head out the door.
I see my best friend wave hello.
We spot the bus and sigh
I say"It's another year at West High"
I am greeted By all my old friends.
There are some new kids but they don't talk much
When we get to school, there is no room to walk.
People are standing in the courtyard with their friends to talk.
You see people giving high fives
And just catching up with each other
As you past people, you hear people yelling and bullies stealing new peoples money
But no one can make this a bad day for me because it's sunny.
I get to class and sit in my seat.
In the back we have kids making beats
Our class smells like new eraser and pencils
And it's always filled with the sound of crumbling paper
My teacher walks in and gives us a quiz
She always annoyed me because it's like she wants us to be wiz kids
she says" You know the drill. time for a quiz.
And we all say " It's another year at West High"

9 comments: