Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flowers for Algernon

If you were given a choice to have an operation that would make you much smarter would make you much smarter would you do it, especially if you knew the effects of the surgery would only be temporary? Why or why not?



I would not get the surgery. Even though i would get really smart i would not get it. I would not get the surgery because i would never like to lose my intelligence when i got it. If i were to become a genius i would never want to lose it because i made an impression on people that I'm smart and when i turn dumb again people will probably laugh at me like they did with charlie.
In the story after he started to lose his intelligence he didn't want to be near people because he was afraid someone would laugh at him because he was losing his intelligence. In the book Charlie is sad that he cant remember anything or spell right or even understand who his real friends are. I don't want that to happen to me. There are also side affects that you don't want. In the story Charlie's side affect was that he would die because his intelligence is being lost so fast that his brain crashes. I would never want to be smart for a while and then find out that I'm going to die because of the surgery.

4 comments: