Monday, March 30, 2009

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words



That morning when i woke up, the sun was shining through my window. My room was filled with the smell of spring flowers and morning dew. Today was just like the rest of my boring life. I wake up to the roosters call. Then I get dressed in my overalls and t-shirt. I wake up my sister and brothers, get them to stop screaming and get dressed. Next i go downstairs and help my grandmother cook oatmeal and make some fresh bread.


" You need to wake up a little earlier so you can get your chores done on time young lady." Granny always says.


" I'll try Granny, I'll try." I say back. She always nags me about getting ma chores done on time, But i like to enjoy the time I'm out of the house where she can nag me and enjoy the outside town since there's nothing else to do around here. My brothers and sister jump around the breakfast table like their little monkeys. They're real rambunctious little kiddies. They love to play and run around. They seem like they never get tired. But when bed time rolls around all you have to do is give Lorilee her AnnaMay doll, give Jeffrey his blue truck, and give Nate his blanket. Since Nate is the youngest he chooses to near his blanket and not a toy like his siblings.

I went to the market. After the market i toke my horse Ginger out for a ride. I rode her for about an hour. Then i had to go in and help Granny prepare dinner. I forgot to take the reins and saddle off of Ginger. I went in and washed up and changed my clothes. I put on my yellow dress with a blue ribbon and an apron. When i go downstairs Granny was smoking and sewing. Tonight we are having baked chicken, bread, cheese, and homemade apple pie.

When dinner was ready Lorilee was the first to run in the house and wash up and change. Then Nate ,then Jeffrey. No one ever acts up at the dinner table because mother always taught us that dinner is a special meal and we should treat it that way. Now mother is gone( rest in peace) so we keep her in memory by making dinner a special meal. Granny and i made every ones plate. Jeffrey was the first to gorge down his food. The mailman came too. He came to dropp off a package. Then Ginger sticks her head into the doorway. I reach my hand out witha slice of bread. As i did this so did Lorilee. She stretched her arm out to as if it could reach the horse.

This was the life. It might seem boring at times, but with family it is great.

6 comments:

  1. i really liked your story. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your story it's really good. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like how your details are relistic and give an image of the plot nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lucky very impressive!!!

    Nice story GoOd Job

    ReplyDelete