Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hansel and Gretel

One night as me and my brother stayed wake because we were so hungry, we over heard our parents talking about leaving us in the forest alone to die. I as horrified that my father would ever agree to it but he did. I started to cry. But my brother Hansel comforted me and told me "God will help us." Then he got up and went outside. I wondered what he was doing. He came back into our little room with alot of white pebbles in his pocket. I asked, "What are those for?" He answered," You'll find out in the morning sister." That made me feel i little better. Then i fell asleep wondering what my brother had in mind with those pebbles.

The next morning my brother and i woke up to our step mother shaking us, rushing us to get fire wood. We already knew what our parents had in mind for us. So we walk through the woods. I turned around once and saw Hansel slacking behind us. He was also throwing something on the ground. I squinted my eyes to see better, and saw he was throwing the little white pebbles.

Our parents left us in the woods with a little fire. We both toke a nap. When we woke up it was night and the moon was shining bright. I asked my brother,"What are we going to do brother?"

He said, " We're going to follow the shining pebbles home." I was rejoiced by the idea. I jumped up and eargerly followed my brother through the woods.

We finally reached the house in the early morning. When our step mom opened the door i got anger and made an evil face. I think she noticed because she made a face back. Then she said," Why did you horrrible kids stay out so long?" Then that night we heard our parents again. They want to do the same thing but put us farther in the forest. I didnt worry because i saw that my brother had another plan.

The next morning we wke up to our step mother shaking us and telling us to wake up. We got bread and we sarted to walk into the woods. We walked farther off into the forests. I turned toward my brother and saw that he was throwing little bread crumbs on the ground. I was happy. Then we stopped and made a fire once more. Our parents left and we went to sleep. When we woke again it was darkand the moon was shining another night. We tried to find the trail of crumbs but could not. We asumed the birds had eaten them all. But we walked and walked until we found a house. the house was made out of bread, cake and clear sugar for the windows. We started to eat. then a lil old lady came out she was quite ugly.

She told us to come in. She gave us food and a place to sleep. She was pretty nice. Then the next morning she woke me up. She told me to make food for my brother so he culd get fat and she shall eat him. I was devastated. I started to cry. Then she made me cook. She took the food to my brother. That whole week she made me cook for Hansel. But for what i seen Hansel wasnt getting any bigger. So she got angery and decided she was going to eat him anyway. She also tried to push me into the oven and cook me but i knew her plan and pushed her into the oven instead. She made a horrible scream.

I ran out to the shed and rescued Hansel. We cheered and merrily jumped around. Then we went into the house. We saw some precious jewels. We stuffed our pockets with jewels and peices of the house. Then walked all the way home.

When we got there our dad was covering a hole he had made. He said that our step mom had died. We were so overjoyed. we didnt have to worry about not having any food and not having to be put into the forest alone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment